Professional Wallpaper Installation Training
Learn from a Qualified, Accredited Installer with a Track Record
Are you a professional painter looking to expand your clientele? Learn how to install wallpaper from our expert at Penwood Painting. Wallpaper is making a huge comeback in the market. Many homeowners are switching from just paint to wallcoverings for their aesthetic appeal and durability. Ultra-stylish prints, dimensional fabrics, and new materials offer plenty of options and features that are unique to wall coverings. Vinyl wall coverings, for instance, can retain their original beauty and performance characteristics for at least 15 years.
Have you tried installing wallpaper but given up because of problems with drop matches or installing grass cloth and textiles? Hanging grass cloth requires a totally different technique from standard wall coverings because it does not come pre-pasted. Drop match patterns are the most complex matches to accomplish. These wallpapers require a good deal of planning before installation because the pattern needs to be aligned both horizontally and vertically on either side. With training from our skilled and accredited installer, you will learn the right techniques to confidently begin wallpapering projects immediately. We teach wall preparation and covering techniques, and offer useful tips on how to get projects done correctly and efficiently.
Wallpaper Installation Training Course – We Cover:
- Proper wall preparation, including repair and priming
- Removing existing wallpaper
- Working with different wallcovering materials
- Identifying different patterns
- Cutting techniques, including butt seaming and repositioning, cutting around a window, navigating inside
- corners, double cutting, etc.
- Avoiding waste with a primer on repeats, straight and drop matches
- Adhesive application techniques, including types of pastes for different wallcoverings
- Tool selection and smoothing techniques for different materials
- Keeping a jobsite clean and tidy
Get to Know Your Trainer
Your trainer, Wayne Woodley, is a certified graduate of the U.S. School of Professional Paperhanging and has been installing different types of wall coverings since 1989. As an accredited member of the U.S. Wallcovering Installers Association, he upholds the highest standards of craftsmanship and customer service. Being a specialist in residential wallcovering with hundreds of satisfied clients in the GTA and Halton region, you can learn valuable tips from Wayne on how to start and run a successful home makeover business.